Thursday, January 28, 2010

A Successful Salmon Fishing Trip

If you want to do a salmon/halibut fishing trip in B.C. I have a guide recommendation for you!!




For years me and my dad have talked about doing a salmon fishing trip out on Vancouver Island, so finally last year we decided to get it done. I researched for hours and hours and looked at every fishing guide/charter website on the internet, I compared pictures and success stories and looked up fishing reports, seasonal charts, and fishing areas. After all of this research I finally settled on Salmon Eye Charters http://www.salmoneye.net/  the reason I went with Salmon Eye Charters is because they appeared to be very professional, had years of experience, and seemed to be quite knowledgeable about the biology side of salmon fishing. This last point is very important to me because I want a guide that is willing to adapt to the habits of the fish not some old timer that’s been using the same old lures and going to the same spot for 30 years. Anyways to make a long story short it proved to be a good choice on my part, our accommodations where nothing posh but very comfortable and we had an ocean view. The moment we arrived we spotted whales 800 yards offshore right out of our living room window!! Ray our guide was great he has a good sense of humour but is also very serious about getting you into some fish, and catch fish we did!! It was simply non stop action!! The fish cleaning service is highly recommended by me we never had to worry about a single thing at the end of the day which gave us a chance to unwind, get some dinner, or get in some more activities, as if a full day of salmon fishing wasn’t enough. Also included in our package was one spectacular gourmet dinner made with our own freshly caught salmon and halibut. Overall just a great experience. If you are looking for a great fishing charter I highly recommend Salmon Eye Charters. These guys fish every day of the season, they know where the fish are and what’s working, they have nice boats, good quality gear, and provide a great service, you just cant ask for any more than that!!



Check them out for more information at http://www.salmoneye.net/



Here are a few pictures from our successful trip


No comments:

Post a Comment