Monday, February 15, 2010

Some Outdoorsman's Quotes

If some animals are good at hunting and others are suitable for hunting, then the Gods must clearly smile on hunting.-Aristotle

The only reason I played golf was so that I could afford to go hunting and fishing.-Sam Snead

Not to open the hunting season on the pretext that there is no game would be as if one gave up celebrating Christmas because there was not enough snow.-Maurice Grimaud

People never lie so much as after a hunt, during a war or before an election.-Otto Von Bismarck

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.-Stephen Leacock

Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after.-Henry David Thoreau

 Game fish are to valuable to be caught only once-Lee Wulf

The fishing was good; it was the catching that was bad-A.K. Best

My Biggest worry is that when I'm dead and gone, my wife will sell my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it.-Koos Brandt

Calling Fly Fishing a hobby is like calling Brain Surgery a job- Paul Schullery

There is a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore looking like an idiot.- Stephen Wright

No comments:

Post a Comment